Tuesday, April 20, 2010

So over last week and the weekend I was crazy caking!!  It started with a surprise baby shower for a close friend and I didn't know what to do for her.   After two beautiful girls they are soooo excited to be completing their family with a boy!  There were only going to be about 12 gals at a restaurant for this so I decided on cupcakes.  So, I went with some Pea Pod Baby's.  I was delighted how they came out.  They were a hit!  This was the beginning of my babies! 
I made them out of homemade marshmallow fondant.  Here are all my babies lined up and waiting for a sweet lil home.
I made Chocolate Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream & French Vanilla Cupcakes with Lemon Buttercream for a little variety... they were a hit.. here are my babies all packed up and ready to go.. the only complaints that I received were that they were TOO CUTE to eat ;) 
So I guess I should also post my son's Birthday cake.  My youngest, my boy, turned 5 this mo :(  and he LOVES Spongebob so mom made him a cake in honor of his favorite cartoon dude!  It was a Funfetti sheet cake with whip filling and Vanilla Buttercream.  It was tasty ;) Here it is and here he is blowing out his big 5 yr candles!